Recomendations on backing-up
- Connect several Internet providers, each with its own static IP address;
- It is desirable that providers be connected to the building through different channels. For example, separate aerial optical lines, underground cable, wireless connection;
- All providers must be connected and online. First, you need to constantly be sure that the backup channels are working. Secondly, when using DNS, devices will automatically switch to working channels;
- Use domain names (DNS) in the object devices settings;
- Coordinate and back-up the equipment power feed of the providers; since the internet connection may be lost in case if the building power supply is stopped.
- Management of all Internet connections and local network is best implemented through a router. A router should be able to work with several Internet connections (have several WAN ports). Configure the router so that all providers are online, the ports are “forwarded” (routed) to the server with the Security Center. I.e. the devices could always be connected through any provider to the Security Center. It is recommended to have a backup router configured similarly to the main one;
- Server with the Security Center must be installed on a separate computer. We do not recommend using multiple network interfaces (network cards) on this computer; a stable local area network should be supported. This is due to the fact that not all operating systems can work normally with several interfaces, because of which there are connection failures and interruptions in communication with devices and in the operation of modules. A router must control the Internet and local network;
- For the work of the duty operators, operational duty officers, Security Centerbase administrators, it is necessary to establish separate network workstations inside of a local network;
- Arrange a separate room (server) for the central elements of the system (server with Security center, central stations, router). This will limit access to the equipment, so for example the cleaner will not accidentally touch the cable. And the less movement we have, the less dust have, which is very harmful for the equipment. Also, you can cool the room with air conditioning for stable operation of the equipment;
- Install uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) with voltage stabilizers. They will save from power surges and short power cuts. In case of long outages of 220 V, you can use a generator.
- Keep a ready backup computer for the Security Center. Practice the method of switching to the backup machine, database restoration, switching of IP channels and central stations. The important point is that you cannot simultaneously launch two Security Centers with the same base (the same UID), because they will simultaneously connect to the Cloud. Therefore, before launching the backup Security Center, you need to make sure that the main one is turned off;
- Set up database backup. We recommend to create a full copy of the database manually once a month. Configure automatic backup of online copies of the database several times a day to different places: to another hard drive (USB flash drive) and to other computers in the local network;
- Write down event source settings to Security Center. The best option is to have at hand the scheme of the entire console: which devices are connected to which ports, which and how central stations are connected, a scheme of frequencies for a radio channel, formats, repeaters. This helps to speed up the transition and reserve configuration.
Have backups of everything that is involved in the reception of events. Any equipment can fail for various reasons: over time, the elements lose their properties, thunderstorms, power surges, the human factor ... This will entail stopping the reception of events. Searches, ordering and setting up new equipment can take a long time, so we always recommend having backup central stations, modems, routers / switches / servers. For a radio channel: antenna-feeder path, radio unit (walkie-talkie), repeaters.
- System performance monitoring;
- In order to understand which of the Internet channels the devices are currently working on, you need to configure routing to different ports. In the Security Center it is necessary to create separate sources of events and set different channel numbers for each provider.