The article is relevant for all devices of the"Nord GSM" line with firmware version 17.x and the Hubbleconfigurator version 13.18 or higher.
Along time ago in a galaxy far, far away...
Previously,in order to show the status of a separate section using a light siren, it was necessary in the Automation tab to create three rules: closing, opening,flashing.
Do you use arming and disarming via a security console and mobile application? Then you need to create 4 more rules. Total of 7 rules for one section.
What if you have three sections, but the maximum number of rules is 16?
Starting with the firmware version 17.x, it became possible to use the "roles"of open collectors: Siren and Beacon. Thus, for a beacon that indicates the status of a partition, you need to configure only one rule. In total, you can create 8 rules with the role of "Beacon" or "Siren". More over, these rules do not depend on the number of standard rules ofautomation.
So, let's begin.
How to connect a light indicator?
Nord GSM Mini
The “negative” beacon cable must be connected to one of the terminals “Z1” - “Z4”. If the EW-12 extender is connected to the Nord, then the “Z1” - “Z12” terminalsof the extender can be used.
The “positive” cable is connected to the “S_PWR” terminal. The power supply atthe “S_PWR” terminal is reserved by the battery installed in the device, so the sounder will also work if there is no main power supply.
Nord GSM Air
The light indicator is connected to terminals “Z1” -“Z2” and “12V”. The power at the “12V” terminal is not reserved, so the siren will not work if there is no main power.
Nord GSM 5.x
The positive wire of the indicator can be connected toany positive output of the control panel, for example, to the output for powering the keyboard or loops. The negative cable of the siren should be connected to one of the seven open collectors: FIRE, DEFECT, LED_G, LED_Y, FIRE2, DEFECT2,DISABL. (For Nord 5.1 - FIRE or DEFECT)
If the EW-12 extender is connected to the Nord, then the “Z1” - “Z8” terminals of the extender can be used.
How to create a rule with the role of "Beacon"?
- Go to the Automation tab.
- Press ‘Beacon’ button.
- Select the output to whichthe beacon is connected.
- Record configuration.
How to assign a beacon to a separate partition?
If several partitions are configured on the device, then when creating or editing a rule, you need to specify a partition for which the beacon will display the status.
How does the beacon work?
Beacon for a partition
- Continuously on if partition is armed
- Off if partition is disarmed
- Blinks if the partition is in alarm
- Flashing double flashes during exit delay
Beacon for the object
- Continuously on if allpartitions are armed
- Off if at least one partition is disarmed
- Blinks if at least one partition is in alarm
- Flashing double flashes during exit delay
What kind of beacons can be connected to open collectors?
Any light indicator with a supply voltage of 12 V can be connected to the devices.
When connecting the beacon to the “S_PWR” terminal of the Nord GSM Mini device, it is important to take into account that the maximum permissible load current should not exceed 150 mA.
When connecting a beacon to the Nord GSM and Nord GSM Air devices, the maximum switched current should not exceed 250 mA.
Why doesn't the required collector appear in the list?
Perhaps a different device is connected to the collector you want to select.
When creating rules, it is important to remember the following statements:
- If the collector is used to connect other devices (БВИ/ Маяк-по-старому), then it can not be used anywhere else, including remote control, which will appear a little later.
- If the collector is already used for roles (Beacon, Siren), then it cannot be used anywhere else, including remote control, which will appear a little later.
- If the loop is enabled in the device settings, then the collector-on-loop cannot be used for automation rules or for roles.
Will the beacon work according to the old method?
If a beacon on an object was previously set up in the Nord GSM device, it will continue to work after updating the device firmware. In this case, the Miscellaneous tab will display information about it.
However, if you want to change the output to which the beacon is connected, then further configuration will need to be done on the Automation tab.
- Automation: Siren for Nord GSM Mini and Air
- Automation: arming all sections with one code
- Nord GSM Air: version history
- Light indicator (12 В)